Anime Theme Song Winter 2011

Considering how much attention I always pay to music, I have to talk about it here.

There are some songs that I'm seriously addicted to this season, between the openings and endings.

Anime Theme Song

So here's my post, which might just be mostly incoherent babbling I'm not really sure. The point is, I'm going to enjoy the writing, because I enjoy the music (Going off the short, TV sized ones here).

Dragon Crisis! OP – Immoralist – Yui Horie

Although Dragon Crisis! and I have a serious non-friendship going on, and the last episode annoyed the hell out of me, I am thoroughly in love with Immoralist.

The very beginning doesn't make me too happy, but once it gets to the softer part, I just love the tone and the beat and the vocals.

At around 0:49 it takes back the sorta sound from the beginning again and as such loses my interest a little. It's just that the middle part is awesome enough to make me adore the song completely.


Fractale ED – Down By The Salley Gardens – Hitomi Azuma

I'm the first to acknowledge that I'm not always big on hearing English used for anime themes, but in this instance I feel it works well. It's very calm, very beautiful. It is taken from a poem written sometime in the 1800s. I'm not sure how often that's been done.


No matter it's beautiful. Granted, I don't feel like it really fits the tone of the series, but they do show Nessa sitting on the grass throughout the song and that part is certainly fitting.

I really don't care how well it fits the series though it's absolutely lovely and I don't think I need to excuse my love of the music.


Gosick ED – Resuscitated Hope – Lisa Komine

Pretty! Yeah, that was about my initial reaction. I love the tone of this song. In my opinion, it fits the anime itself very well. It's not quite enough to be considered rock, though it is seems like it could be heading that direction.

Lisa's voice fits perfectly with the music, and it's absolutely gorgeous. I think it's quite a lot better than than the OP. It isn't that the OP is bad or anything, it's just a bit...bland. The ED is just so much of an improvement.


Kore wa Zombie desu ka OP – Ma-Ka-Se-Te Tonight – Iori Nomizu

If I'm going to be perfectly honest, I think I love this song not just for the song, but because it belongs to one of my favorites this season and also for the opening sequence.

I love the 'Are you ready?', 'Start', 'He is...zombie' and all of those other parts. But I do enjoy the song quite a lot as well, especially for the parts like at 0:42. Those are fun and pretty.


The song is so upbeat and enjoyable! Which...well, I guess that fits some parts of the series. And Ayumu looks totally badass during the sequence, really, everyone does.

So a good part of my love for the song definitely rises from my love of the characters and series, haha. That love does not extend to the ED though. Nuh uh.


Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica ED – Magia – Kalafina

There is absolutely nothing about this song that is not awesome. It's got a lovely style, with a bit of Arabian Nights finding its way in, with gorgeous vocals and just enough creepy to fit the new things that Madoka is doing to its genre.


I'll admit I felt like a bit of an idiot with it for awhile, because it took me a bit to figure out who it was. What's so wrong with that? Well, Kalafina's song Lacrimosa basically helped to inspire and outline an entire novel, so I probably should have figured it out right away. Besides, those voices are hauntingly memorable.

Magia is my second favorite song of the entire season. I'm having trouble finding the TV version though, thus why it isn't here. If anyone can link me, I'll cheerfully edit it in.


Wandering Son ED – For You – Rie Fu

I'm still not sure whether or not I like Wandering Son. I mean, I'm still literally baffled on how to feel about it. So it's a bit of a surprise to me that my favorite song of the entire season is this one. It's so pretty and bubbly and just all around sweet. I've listened to both the TV size and the full, and it's brilliant either way.

Rie's voice is one of the prettiest I've heard, and I find it hard not to smile because you can practically hear the smile in her voice. Love it.


Yumekui Merry OP – Daydream Syndrome – Marina Fujiwara

Probably my third favorite. I adore this song. I acknowledge that it's nothing special, but I do sincerely enjoy it. There's just something about it, you know? I enjoy the tone and think it fits Merry herself.

For me the best parts are the way it sounds a bit further away at around 0:37 and 0:46. That's actually what first caught my notice about the song and then I paid attention to the rest of it. It's all-around enjoyable, in my opinion.

So what are your favorite themes for the season? Agree or disagree with me? I'm always happy to debate the merits of music.

0 comments

Post a Comment