Oh! My Goddess: The Adventures of Mini-Goddess - Anime Review

One day, three goddesses appeared before an ordinary university student (see "Oh My Goddess"). They used their powers to make people happy.

The Adventures of Mini-Goddess

One of the powers they used was the power to become small in these stories...

Oh! My Goddess: The Adventures of Mini-Goddess Anime Review

The Adventures of Mini-Goddess (in the handy petite size), for short, is a collection of vignettes which show the daily antics of super-deformed Belldandy, Urd, and Skuld.

The way I understand it, the events in this anime take place in the premises of the original OVA. It's like what the goddeses do in their spare time.

Most of the eps feature Urd and Skuld, and a rat friend / sidekick they affectionately refer to as Gan-chan.

I figure this is because Bel is always busy taking care of Keiichi and doing household chores in the OVA. She does appear in some of the eps though, but usually only for a few seconds.

The Adventures of Mini-Goddess eps are very brief and last less than 10 minutes.

What do they do in these eps? Just about everything - from searching for treasure in the attic to making fun of Gan-chan. It's all very silly and shallow.

The humor is generally weird, albeit at times admittedly funny. In the first ep, Urd poses as a fortune teller and tries to help Gan-chan with his lovelife.

After a series of Urd's erratic love spells, Gan-chan ends up getting married to a tea kettle.

Related Articles:

The art and animation are quite good but cutesy in style, as this anime's theme seems to revolve on the cuteness quotient.

You can actually watch this without previous Oh My Goddess background because the eps pretty much stand on their own.

The songs and music are also pleasant and catchy, following the tradition of the original.

To be honest, I'm quite neutral in my feelings about The Adventures of Mini-Goddess. I'm not crazy about it but I don't despise it either. I've seen better and I've seen worse.

The Adventures of Mini-Goddess is simply a combination of brainless fun and a whole lot of cuteness. If too much cuteness makes you cringe however, I suggest you avoid this altogether.

Miscellanies: Oh! My Goddess: The Adventures of Mini-Goddess

If you want a more meaningful experience with the goddesses, go for the original OVA series.

I read somewhere that The Adventures of Mini-Goddess is based on the mini comic strips found in the original manga.

Aa! Megami-sama!: Chichaitte Koto wa Benri da ne (Oh! My Goddess: The Adventures of Mini-Goddess)

Genre Comedy, Supernatural
Episodes 48
Status Finished Airing
Aired Apr 6, 1998 to Mar 29, 1999
Producers Bandai Visual
Studio OLM
Rating G - All Ages
Themes -

Oh! My Goddess: The Adventures of Mini-Goddess Trailer

0 comments

Post a Comment